Berkman Storybook Pumpkin Patch
Berkman Library is growing a storybook pumpkin patch and we need your help!
Decorate a pumpkin to look like one of your favorite book characters, and bring
it to the library to plant in our Storybook Pumpkin Patch!
• Think of your favorite book and design your pumpkin based on your favorite
character from that book.
• Gather your decorating supplies. Acrylic paints or permanent markers work
best. Watercolors tend to run. Other options include adding materials such as
yarn, buttons, wiggly eyes, etc.
• You can use a fake or real pumpkin.
• Decorate your pumpkin WITHOUT carving, cutting or poking holes in it. You
can use a glue gun or tape to fasten decorations to the pumpkin.
• Have fun and be Creative!
• Bring your pumpkin to the library. Last day to enter is Monday, October 29th;
the library will be open at 7:20 a.m.
• Winners will be announced on Wednesday, October 31st. Judges are looking
for: originality, that the pumpkin is actually a book character and not a
cartoon/movie character, and that the pumpkin was child made. There should be
very little adult help when decorating the pumpkin.
• Pumpkins are to be taken home Wednesday, October 31st. If your child needs
assistance getting it home, please make arrangements to do this. All pumpkins
that are left behind will be disposed of by 3:30 that afternoon.